Last Modified: March 23, 2023
CrowdRESILIENCE (“CrowdRESILIENCE,” “us,” “our,” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and use our website (the „Website“), including all interactive forms on the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and CrowdRESILIENCE through the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) by any means, including through any other website or mobile application or any content (including advertising) that may be accessible through our Website.
The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, you may not use or provide any information through the Website, register to access or use the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect certain types of information from and about users of our Website under the circumstances below, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or other information (including financial information) defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law („personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us through our interactive sections on the Website.
- Automatically as you use the Website in the interactive sections. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
The information we collect on or through our Website that you provide to us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and information, including through our intake claimant questionnaire, membership sign-up, donation submission, and other voluntary submission of your information.
- Information requested when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us and/or other parties through the Website.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, „posted“) on CrowdRESILIENCE’s social media channels which may be re-published on public areas of the Website (collectively, „User Content“). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. However, CrowdRESILIENCE will not actively share your information with any unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to and use of the Website – traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use through the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The data and information collected helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized program, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Additionally, we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and Content to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website.
- In any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If we advertise our Website in any other third-party platform, none of your information will be used or shared with the third-party. However, even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We only store information automatically obtained through your use of the Website which is related to non-identifying information for website use metrics. We may store personal information you have provided to us for the purpose of future communications, as you have indicated to us in your submission from the Website and/or your direct communication with CrowdRESILIENCE. We do not store any financial information without your express consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Website Use Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CrowdRESILIENCE, our donors, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your membership account.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Content or account from the Website, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Content, is governed by our Website Use Terms and Conditions.
If at any time, you wish to opt-out of your prior-approved communications from CrowdRESILIENCE, such as newsletters or announcement emails, you may send an email request to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted or handled by a third party. All transactions are secured using PCI compliant technologies and practices as amended from time to time and any data collected is stored in a similarly compliant manner.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.